Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Baby Bed Bench

I loved this little vintage toddler bed headboard right when I saw it at the thrift store.  I did play the waiting game and lucked out when it was still there on half price day.  I decided a child's bench was the perfect repurpose for this sweet little headboard. 
After building a frame or apron, I added some front legs, an MDF top, and attached this to the metal headboard. 

 
Some paint and a fun little freehand design was all it took to make a fresh piece perfect for any little girl.

5 comments:

  1. Wow....great job thinking outside of the box.

    ReplyDelete
  2. CUTE CUTE! I have a metal headboard that would make the perfect bench...but what is your secret to attaching the metal headboard to the wood bench?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate your kind words!