Monday, July 16, 2012

Coffee Pallet

Using a cute little pallet, I made a coffee table. 
 I was going to put dowels in the empty spaces, but hubby said he would cut me some thin pieces of wood on the table saw to use in the spaces.  The table saw is the one tool I don't love to use.  I will, but not if I don't have to.  I always have this strange urge to reach my hand towards the blade.  Yes, I am also that person who has to exercise control to not touch something when there is a "Do Not Touch" sign.  I have been kicked out of a few museums--just kidding! 

I added 2 x 6 legs, and side pieces,
painted the table and then wedged the thin wood pieces between the pallet slats. 
I stained the legs and the table top.
This is a great piece both indoors and out.
Today I am headed to Spokane to do Annie Sloan Chalk Paint training.  The Antique Barn where I work will be the first distributors of the paint in Montana.  I will be teaching the classes for them.  I am excited to learn some new techniques and to play with the paint. 

12 comments:

  1. becky--I think the addition of the smaller pieces really make this table! great job again...I'm in such a slump...I blame the weather.
    anywhoo, love this table!
    gail

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it. What a fun project. The color is fabulous. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  3. This turned out so sweet! Love the color you painted it too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just made a pallet wood side table and the top and the legs are almost exactly the same colours as yours!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute and so clever! Love how you just filled the gaps between slats by wedging in wood strips. The addition of the wood creates a nice graphic element too and the color is perfect. Pinned :) Enjoy the class you'll be teaching ... someday soon I must try ASCP.

    Robin
    happilyhomeafter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd like to do some type of project using this color. Where can I get it?

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is great! Can you let me know the brand and color of paint you used on this, I want to make one this weekend. THANK YOU~!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Is the stain over the paint what gives it the weathered look? I want to try to replicate this on my own!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How did you achieve the teal antiqued colour?
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. loved your project do you use oil or latex paint Deb

      Delete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate your kind words!