Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Bicycle Art

It was bison art last week, and bicycle art this week.  
reclaimed wood bike art http://bec4-beyondthepicketfence.blogspot.com/2014/02/bicycle-art.html
And I am working on another B project--must be a B kind of a month--maybe that has to do with all the basketball I have been watching (12 games in 4 days).  


Honestly, I can't wait to get my bike down and start riding.  I have plantar fasciitis going on and think the bike will be good for it.  In the meantime, I decided to paint a bike.
reclaimed wood bike art http://bec4-beyondthepicketfence.blogspot.com/2014/02/bicycle-art.html
I painted scrap wood using my usual technique found HERE.  I decided to put a little frame around this using 1x2's.  
reclaimed wood bike art http://bec4-beyondthepicketfence.blogspot.com/2014/02/bicycle-art.html
I screwed these in through the back.  I should have painted them first, but was too impatient.  
reclaimed wood bike art http://bec4-beyondthepicketfence.blogspot.com/2014/02/bicycle-art.html
I used the chalk tranfer method I showed HERE with the bison art.   The bicycle is from the Graphics Fairy--I used it a few years ago to make THIS bike art.

The bike is fairly detailed--I used a small brush for the details like the spokes.  
reclaimed wood bike art http://bec4-beyondthepicketfence.blogspot.com/2014/02/bicycle-art.html
I painted the "frame" white, sanded a bit, and finished with clear wax.    I can't wait to get my granny, no speed bike out and cruise around the neighborhood. 
reclaimed wood bike art http://bec4-beyondthepicketfence.blogspot.com/2014/02/bicycle-art.html
I am linking up at Knick of Time Interiors

12 comments:

  1. I can spot your work a mile a way now. Saw this on pinterest and knew it was yours right away! I love the bicycle Becky... it is awesome!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really cool. If I rode bikes, I would have to have this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks great Becky! I too am missing my bike...can't wait for spring!!

    Cheryl @ The Creative Me and My McG

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a great graphic for your scrap wood background! It looks awesome!
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jealous! Love that.
    You always inspire,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love thus one. It's fun & youthful. Also can't wait for some sunny days to get out my no speed "bumble bee". My boys surprised me w' it on my last birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great bycicleart!!!! And rhe combination of colors!!!
    I also love to ride the bike ,but spain has lots of mountains...pffff...your going up and down...I preffer flat roads!!!
    Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love love love it! My husband is so into bikes, I should do one of these! Pinned!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You do have a knack for painting junk wood! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I WANT!!!!
    What a great bike! What great colors....
    I guess I better get busy!!

    Great work, Becky!!!
    :)
    hugs x, Crystelle
    Crystelle Boutique

    ReplyDelete
  11. OH my goodness, this is fantastic! I am going to replicate this for my foyer. Thanks so much for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great job, Becky! Love the colors....congrats for the Graphic's Fairy Feature!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate your kind words!